ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Offering Up a Peaceful Heart

Mary Oliver, winner of the Pulitzer Prize
 and the National Book Award
Today
Today is a day of
dark clouds and slow rain.
The little blades of corn
are so happy.  ~ Mary Oliver

We still have soybeans to plant, yet I am thankful for this gentle rain this morning.  Thankful, and totally unprepared for surprising blessings that have come from these moments of sitting, because of the rain!  I went to Youtube for one song and discovered this.  I shook my head, "Pavarotti and Jon Bon Jovie???"

"Impossible!"

Ahhh, nothing is impossible when God works among us! I had never heard this song before, but the lyrics are wonderful.  Since I was able to insert the video, I can put it on Youtube and follow along with the lyrics that I cut and paste.


Last night I had a dream; that there would be a morning after.Long days, sunshine and peace;
Long nights of love, forgiveness, and laughter.
Maybe it was just a dream, but it could be reality.
Children are like planting seeds, you’ve got to let their flowers grow
no, no...oooh.

Fà che piova,
(Let it rain)
Fà che il cielo mi lavi il dolore (Let heaven wash away my pain)
Fà che piova (Let it rain)
che sia la pace il nome d'amore (That peace would be the name of love)

Today I saw a child just like my child
Someone’s son or daughter
I watched as they played for a while
I wanted to cry, those babies just smiled.
oh, Maybe it was just a dream, but it should be reality
A child is just God’s sign that peace and love are seeds to make
tomorrow grow

Fà che piova, (Let it rain)
Fà che il cielo mi lavi il dolore (Let heaven wash away my pain)
Fà che piova (Let it rain)
che sia la pace il nome d'amore (That peace would be the name of love)

Go on, we’ve tried war
No one wants peace more
Than the children who ask their dads why




Fa che piova, (Let it rain)
Fa che il cielo mi lavi il dolore (Let heaven wash away my pain)
Fa che piova (Let it rain)
che sia la pace il nome d'amore (That peace would be the name of love)


peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. ~ unknown


Being reshaped and transformed
daily...again and again.
This is what all my reading, reflection, writing, listening...this is the goal of all these practices, all these moments spent. Inner peace....calm in my heart. Because when I am at peace, I notice the crumbs of blessing that are scattered along my path.  When I am at peace, I am pliable and can be molded and used by my Creator.


Sometimes, I struggle between journaling about my learning and my growing while moving forward in a book. When I began this blog, with The Cup of Life, I was able to do both. With A Tree Full of Angels, it has become difficult and I at times I have just been all over the place!


Because...this blog is my journal just as it is also a place to share the wisdom of spiritual teachers, I'm thinking I may need to adjust. Since I have learned how to create pages, (THANK YOU, Jennifer!) I'm thinking I may create a page for the book study AND have a page for my own journaling. 


Anyone know where I might
find this figure????? 
...I'm thinking...


In the meantime, I am going to listen to the rain against my windows this morning...and enjoying the sense of peace that rests within my heart even though there is noise, pain, questions...in the world.  For this morning, I am going to offer up a peaceful heart, because there cannot be peace within the world until their is peace within individual hearts.


There are many wonderful videos of this song, but this morning, I am going with my Purdue Pride. It isn't the greatest quality but...Go Boiler Glee Club!



All it takes is one voice....


Holy God, may I be one voice that sings of hope and dreams...let peace begin with me....  AMEN.


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment