ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gather Up the Crumbs - Just another ordinary day....

Wonderful and Creative God, I'm hitting the road early this morning to take a lo-salt casserole to my folks and then to head to VBS.  After VBS...a trip to the hospital to visit my lady on dialysis. Writing about these things, I know between my parents, the kids and volunteers, Pat and the nursing staff I will have many opportunities to soak in your presence if I only stay awake. AMEN.






Music and Videos:
Sarah Mclachlan has a wonderful song that reminds me I am surrounded by miracles.  Another individual has done a wonderful job putting images to Sarah's words. Alone, music and images speak to my heart and bless my soul. They are nourishing crumbs that sustain me when I am feeling strong and when I am discouraged or sad.

While I have long been aware of how much I enjoy both these gifts of God [music and art], I had not thought of them as manna...as crumbs to feed me, as crumbs to give me strength, as crumbs that connect me with God.

Sarah Mclachlan
I'm headed out.  I hope you enjoy this video Ordinary Miracle...

God of surprise and beauty, by your Spirit help me to see you within my day.  Help me catch some of your miracles within the ordinary settings of my life.  AMEN.


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment