ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I become free...

One thing that has always struck me is how Jesus sent disciples out two by two. In the book of Acts, we hear  that same principle going on, normally there is someone traveling or working alongside another.  Well, PC(USA) is bringing the denomination together under one roof this weekend in Indianapolis.  It's called The Big Tent Event. I'm going up to volunteer as soon as I finish another appointment at 8:00. But, since we are called to work together...to build one another up, I wanted to share a devotion by Sarah Young from Jesus is Calling.
Sarah Young - Missionary
"I am the Truth: the One who came to set you free. As the Holy Spirit controls your mind and actions more fully, you become free in Me. You are increasingly released to become the one I created you to be. This is a work that I do in you as you yield to My Spirit. I can do My best handiwork when you sit in the stillness of My Presence, focusing your entire being on Me. 

"Let My thoughts burst freely upon your consciousness, stimulating abundant Life. 'I am the Way and the Truth and the Life.' As you follow Me, I lead you along paths of newness: ways you have never imagined. Don't worry about what is on the road up ahead. I want you to find your security in knowing Me, the One who died to set you free." ~ John 8:32; Philippians 2:13; John 14:6
I've so many thoughts...Thinking in terms of Lectio Divina, I will carry the words "As the Holy Spirit controls your mind and actions more fully, you become free in Me." with me into this day.  As I drive, I will say the words over again.  Although, already I feel the key words will be those I've underlined.



Many Blessings ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful holliday weekend sandi!

    Leontien

    ReplyDelete