ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birth Day



"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world." ~ Unknown

A fun Happy Birthday! song...

Rebecca 5.5 years, Debra 4 years
and Laura 3.5 years
Thirty years ago yesterday was Fathers' Day Sunday.  It had been another LONG spring and my husband was doing his best to get the last field of soybeans planted and I was pregnant with daughter # 4. Now...you've got to understand, even though I had my nursing degree from Purdue University AND had given birth three times, each of those births were different and nothing like I was taught in college.  So, while my husband worked in the fields...I was unknowingly beginning labor 6 weeks early.

Long story short, Nancy, aka Daughter # 4, arrived thirty years ago today! It was a day of miracles. My husband got the beans planted and daughter # 4 beat all the odds and survived several complications.

Some wondered if we were trying to have a boy, but no...we kept having accidents and with each one...a beautiful little girl appeared! However, beautiful babies or not, I will have to admit that I was tired of being pregnant by the time Nancy came along and for the first time, I was less than excited.  Still, even though I complained at times, God richly blessed me with a wonderful little girl who has grown into a beautiful young woman..inside and out!

Nancy and Cooper - 10/2010
Happy Birthday, Nance!


A perfect song for this 30th birthday...God Gave Me You.


I'm having trouble downloading images and songs today. Maybe that is my signal to take the day off and spend time with my youngest and her family!


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment