ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 7 - Integration and Review

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13


A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. Proverbs 17:22
My life when "I" am in "control".


I have a full day.


I have a day ahead that could hold some tension, yet, after reviewing the readings from this past week, I am reminded that I carry within myself a love song of the Mystery of Life. When I am empty, loving energy pulses through me. I am reminded that it is not just "ok" but that I need boundaries. On a day with so many things and people, it is important I remember to pause between, and during. 


Oh! I was reminded this week that God is dwelling with us  EVERYWHERE. That means God is within the busyness, the questions, the people, the situations that will be a part of this day. Not only that! When I let go of my ego and the anxieties that arise only from my ego, God can actually teach me today. Lastly, there are the lessons of Day 6.  I am thirsty. Today, I am thirsty for peace of mind and heart. I am thirsty of greater appreciation of myself and the gifts I offer. I am thirsty to let go in order to be willing to hear God's voice throughout this day.


So many pieces of scripture that opened and spoke to my thirsty soul this week!
Isaiah 43:1-7 "I have called you by name, You are mine...You are precious in my sight...I love you..."
John 15:1-11 "Abide in me as I abide in you..." 
One of my best reminders to pause - Matthew 14:22-27 "And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up the mountain by himself to pray..." 
Psalm 63 "O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you..." 
blogging vs.writing by hand -
always there are pluses and minuses...

As many positives as there are, there is also at least one downside of blogging. I do not have my journal in front of me to look back through, to highlight, to doodle in the margins... all those kind of things I do with a journal. Thus, without taking a lot of time that I do not have this morning, it is impossible for me to look back to discover what brings a smile, or another ah-ha...


Looking back through The Cup of Life...
1. I am surprised by what we have covered in only one week!
2. I am surprised by how relaxed I am feeling at this moment, knowing what lay ahead.  I can only say..."I am IN THIS moment, rather than in twelve hours from now when session convenes.


Again, if I had the time, I would enjoy getting my colored pens out and creating something that would represent this past week.  Hopefully, I will have those opportunities in the weeks to come.  However, for this morning, I think this image is as close as I can come by using Google Images:
What does this say about me and this past week?
Well, I may appear in different ways to those I come in contact each day.  I may be pastor, mom, Giz, friend...yet, when I take the time to pause during my day...when I take the time to go away by myself... what is inside all the different faces will be a love song that can only be song by me.  It is God's love song, and he is using my voice to send it out to the world.
Casting Crowns has taken the thought of "love song" and created a wonderful song called Lifesong..."Let my lifesong sing to you...." Lifesong - Casting Crowns
May we each be nourished and fed
as we continue to grow in you. Amen.
Most Amazing God, I thank you and praise you for the messages of love and life this week. God of Second Chances, I thank you and praise you that you never give up on me!! As I step into this busy day, Ever Present God, may I be opened to your Spirit within in me. May I see you in all the situations and within all the people I come in contact with today.  God of Song...Help me offer up my Lifesong and may it be pleasing in your sight. Father of us all....I ask for your blessing to rest on each person who is walking along side me on this journey.  Grant them peace.  Grant them joy.  May they to be surprised and encouraged as they look back and reflect upon this week. Amen.


I will not be returning home until very late this evening.  If I have a few free moments today, I hope to read the introduction to Week II, The Open Cup on pgs 43-45.  Unless, I need to unwind when I get home this evening, I will most likely not journal.

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. God of Second Chances--what a powerful concept--we are not born complete but struggle, fail, get back up and continue our human yet spiritual journey. Unlike Sandi, I don't draw in the margins of my journal but my journal has built in boundaries of a date book. Would like a five-year journal but can never contain my thoughts to such little spaces. Our Grandpa kept a diary forever. Fun to look back at the priorities of life and how these priorities remain the same yet change through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning started as I sat at the table doing my school work. Yes, my “friend” decided to scurry under my feet. A disturbing reminder that maybe I should stop by school work and be with God in the moment. I think I scared God and everyone in the house with my hollering. I started today with the playing of “Lifesong” by Casting Crown that you had placed into the blog. Thank you. It was just what I needed. I didn’t realize how much I missed this type of worship. The first line with “empty hands held high” struck my heart as I recognized that the only place I am doing this is in my car. I wonder what the boys think of me as we are driving down the road – probably – “Mom, get both hands on the wheel.” I wonder if they notice that this physical act of praise can transport and transform someone. It is so simple, but yet such a powerful act. Needless to say, I listened and watched the video the second time. My “thirst” for scripture was quenched in the second playing. While I could not copy the verses as fast as they flashed, I was able to copy all the references. I then was able to turn to the scripture, mark in my Bible, hide in my heart, and treasure God’s holy word this morning. May the Spirit grant me wisdom and understanding, so I can apply these truths today and share them with others.
    “I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.” – Psalm 69:30
    “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” – Psalm 63:3
    “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16
    “And whatever you do, wherever in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
    “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy In all you do; for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’” – 1 Peter 1:15
    “When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts.” – Acts 11:23
    “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that confess his name.” – Hebrews 13:15
    “If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.” – 1 Peter 4: 11
    “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” – Psalm 100:2
    We are blessed with such a gift of God’s written word. How he yearns to have me know Him more, and how often I skip the deepening relationship with Christ that I can have by delving deeper into his Word. May God give me the thirst that can only be quenched by spending time with Him in prayer and in his Holy Word.

    ReplyDelete