ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Friday, April 22, 2011

Week V - Moments of Worship for Good Friday

I've been sent links for various videos that are appropriate for Good Friday on Facebook, my gmail account and my personal account!  I was a bit overwhelmed by these offerings of worship and I decided to share.

Some were new to me like this piece, "Liquid" by Jars of Clay. In case you are interested...here are they lyrics.
Arms nailed down, 
Are you telling me something? 
Eyes turned out, 
Are you looking for someone? 

This is the one thing, 
The one thing that I know. 

Blood-stained brow, 
Are you dying for nothing? 
Flesh and blood, 
Is it so elemental? 

This is the one thing, 
The one thing that I know. 

Blood-stained brow, 
He wasn't broken for nothing. 
Arms nailed down, 
He didn't die for nothing. 

This is the one thing, 
The one thing that I know.


2. Outstretched Arms - I'm not sure who the artists is, but the sender was right on that it is a good video for Good Friday.






3.One of my favorites... I See Love - Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman & Mercy Me

4. This one is graphic...difficult to watch  By His Wounds - Steven Curtis Chapman, Brian Littrell, Mack Powell, Mark Hall 

5. Lastly.. Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me

6. My contribution to these worship offerings is from Todd Agnew - My Jesus. Todd nearly always makes me uncomfortable with his challenging lyrics.  This song...most especially.


Thanks to all who offered these up to me.

Prayers for a blessed Good Friday.

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. Powerful reminders. The words, the music, the images, all of it. May I contemplate the sacrifice that Christ made for me - he would have done it just for me.
    PS - I was a little surprised by the trick -Johnny Cash and "Were you There? instead of Celine Dion, but I like Johnny Cash, so it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete