ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week IV - Day 5 - Recognizing Resistances - The Evening Review

Another late day with another early morning to come.  Seems as though the Divine Compassion is at work in my life nudging others to offer me a hand.  This morning, a woman following this journal/blog sent me a devotion that I thought perfect for today's reading.
"Trusting Me is a moment - by - moment choice. My people have not always understood this truth. After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely - but only temporarily. Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the upmost.
Isn't it often the same way with you? You trust Me when things go well, when you see me working on your behalf. This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will. When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies. You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling; resenting My ways with you. This choice constitutes a fork in the road. Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My Presence.  Choose to trust Me in all circumstances.  ~ Sarah Young
Earlier today I received some startling news that will require extra attention and love from me in the weeks to come.  If I had not made the decision yesterday I had made, today's news would have thrown me into complete overwhelm.  A friend suggested I had discerned a wise decision....I wondered if I was lucky.

I am seeing the decision as a gift...

I appreciate the thoughts of Sarah Young in the devotion above.  At this point I do not remember if I journaled this thought earlier today, if I thought it, OR if I had planned to journal it tonight!!!  I'm a bit tired...

Regardless if I wrote it or thought it, I do believe we all come to a fork in the road and we have to make a choice.  Am I going to continue as I have or am I going to make different choices?

For now, I am making more healthy choices, yet I recognize I am kin to the ancient Israelites and that in the past my trusting has slowed or solidified.  So, my question...what must I do to remain faithful?

That will be a question for another day, because tonight I recognize I am more than a little tired.  Again, it seems as though God was nudging others to offer me help for this evening.  Another woman sent me the following blessing....yet another gift.


An original MDF song based on the Aaronic Blessing in Numbers 6: 24-26. The pictures were supplied by mdf. 


This was a bit different than other versions...and it brought such a smile!!!


God is indeed good and I certainly feel blessed.


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

1 comment: