ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week V - Day 4...that isn't

I have said many times that the value of this online journal is that it keeps me accountable to do what is important in my life. Tomorrow morning, I will not be able to journal before I leave.  I will read and reflect on Week V/Day 4, but I will not have Internet access.

So...until Thursday morning, a couple of things to consider:
The act of compassion begins with full attention, just as rapport does. You have to really see the person. If you see the person, then naturally, empathy arises. If you tune into the other person, you feel with them. If empathy arises, and if that person is in dire need, then empathic concern can come. You want to help them, and then that begins a compassionate act. So I’d say that compassion begins with attention. ~Daniel Goleman
And one of my favorite playthings...a Wordle on Compassion.


I appreciate each one of you and I pray you hold Joyce's thoughts and insights as you move through your day.

Something fun to begin a stormy night!  Celtic Thunder

Actually....in some ways it speaks to my spiritual journey!

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment