ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thinking about all I have read and journaled...

All brides seem to get
at least a little crazy!
I'm sitting in my office at the church as the wedding party gets ready for some pre-pictures...and all the things that brides do before a wedding.  It is very quiet, I wonder if I should be concerned?

Blessing? Will they know I
am doing my best to "bless" them?
I have been thinking this morning about my role in this marriage, and I have decided I want to remember some of the things I have been reading about BLESSING and GOD-NESS.

This young couple has so many things of "life" to overcome, yet, rather than judging their success as being either hopeful or doubtful, I can simple "be present" within these minutes with them...fully present...offering the God-ness that is within me as a blessing to them, their family, and all those who will be supporting and encouraging them in the days, weeks, and years to come.

Do you remember, when Joyce introduced the Blessing Cup, she began with a quote from Macrina:
"To bless is to put a bit of yourself into something. It is to make holy, to change something or someone because of your presence."
I am not going to "change" them by being present during their service, yet, how can I know how God will work if I do my best to "put a bit of myself" this service?  How can I know how God might work within their lives because I did my best to "be present" during their wedding service?

More voices are beginning to fill this once quiet space.  Lord, I do not know what the future holds for this young man and woman.  But, for this afternoon, they are in love and will be surrounded by loving family and friends.  Help me to be a blessing to not only the couple, but to their families as well.  Lord, help me to be present to you within this service.  AMEN. 


A special blessing for this young man and young woman as they begin their life together...




Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment