ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Breathprayers from The Cup of Life book

I am still trying to decide how to respond to the question of, "What is the "top" thing I am taking away from Joyce Rupp's book, The Cup of Life?"  Honestly, there isn't any one or two...or even a Top Ten of Cup of Life Learning. Although...a Top Ten might be something I challenge the Wednesday Lunch Bunch to generate.

Joyce Rupp
So many things I would like to do, but I am limited by my understanding of how to create on a blog...and I'm limited by the limits of a blog.  What would I like to do?
1.  Make a collage of many of the pictures/images I've used.
2.  Make a collage of the people!!! I have met so many people I with whom I would like to become better acquainted!
3. Lay pictures/whitewash them/place words and other images over the top.
4. Create something special of all the Breathprayers.
5. Create prayer cards of the prayers Joyce used in the book.
6. Scripture cards! Do you realize how much scripture has been covered these last few weeks! Scripture I could pull out for particular times when I need to hear a certain word from God.

I do have pictures of a cups, I never shared. They could have been used as examples of a cups that are never used.  I found them early on...I loved these cups!  But, not for drinking!

Aren't the colors and the designs  wonderful! Useless as a cup in my house, yet they are pretty to look at.

I have learned a lot these past few weeks.  I have learned the value of breathprayers! Finally, I have found something to help center my heart...to help me pause. I admitted that being mindful of my breath, does nothing except to cause me to hyperventilate!

I have been introduced and reintroduced to some wonderful music and poetry.  I have learned more about creating and maintaining a blog and "putting myself out there." That alone has been a lesson in trust by allowing myself to become more vulnerable than I normally would.

I have loved the images I have found to incorporate within Joyce's reading.  So many times, Joyce's message, the images, the scripture and the music...I have worshiped in ways that I have missed for a very long time.

Lastly, for today, I wanted to list all the wonderful Breathprayers.  I wish I could make them into something pretty...but, like I said, I am limited on what I can do on a blog. Still, they can be cut and paste!





Breathing in: I am …
Breathing out: ...a love song

Breathing in: Faithful Love…
Breathing out: ...dwelling in me

Breathing in: O Mystery…
Breathing out: ...alive in me!

Breathing in: Thirsting, thirsting...
Breathing out: ...for you, God

Breathing in: Let go…
Breathing out: ...unclutter

Breathing in: I listen…
Breathing out: ...You are here

Breathing in: Filling up…
Breathing out: ...emptying out

Breathing in: I am ready
Breathing out: ...I receive

Breathing in: I trust you…
Breathing out:...with my life

Breathing in: God…
Breathing out: ...my Beloved

Breathing in: Loved, loved…
Breathing out: ...loved as I am

Breathing in: Loving Presence…
Breathing out: ...I want to grow

Breathing in: Create in me…
Breathing out:...a clean heart, O God

Breathing in: Held in your mercy…
Breathing out:...held in your love
   
Breathing in: I am    (your name)
Breathing out: ...than you, God

Breathing in: Send your light…
Breathing out: ...send your truth

Breathing in: Joy and sorrow…
Breathing out: ...live together

Breathing in: Strengthen me…
Breathing out: ...encourage me

Breathing in: Hold me…
Breathing out: ...in your love

Breathing in: Let the past be…
Breathing out: ...let the past be

Breathing in: Let go…
Breathing out: ...let go

Breathing in: Healing God…
Breathing out: ...I hope in you

Breathing in: Divine Compassion…
Breathing out: ...teach me

Breathing in: We are many…
Breathing out: ...we are one

Breathing in: I receive…
Breathing out: ...I give

Breathing in: I stand...
Breathing out: ...beneath the cross

Breathing in: I give to you...
Breathing out:...you give to me

Breathing in: Be-ing…
Breathing out:...be-ing

Breathing in: My God-ness…
Breathing out: ...blessing others

Breathing in: I remember…
Breathing out:...your love for me

Breathing in: Divine Wisdom…
Breathing out:...blessing me, blessing me

Breathing in: Alive, aware…
Breathing out:...thank you, thank you

Breathing in: God of beauty...
Breathing out:...Beloved One

Another gift of this blog is that I can choose the music without worrying if someone will like it, be able to play it (that is a huge deal), or sing,... Shout to the Lord!



I have not asked for feedback, but I would be so interested in hearing the top two or three take aways from Joyce's book.  I am thinking a Top Ten might be kind of fun! 


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment