ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Watch for me today, San!

I am with you in all that you do, even in the most menial task, I am always aware of you, concerned with every detail of your life... Sarah Young, Jesus Calling




I discovered this video yesterday and I sat.... I watched.... I listened.... I pondered.....

Sarah uses scripture to write her devotions as though Jesus himself is speaking to me.  Today she continues saying:
Nothing escapes My notice - not even the number of hairs on your head. However, your awareness of My Presence falters and flickers; as a result, your life experience feels fragmented. When your focus is broad enough to include Me in your thoughts, you feel safe and complete. When your perception narrows so that problems or details fill your consciousness, you feel empty and incomplete.
Learn to look steadily at me in all your moments and all your circumstances. Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of My Presence. Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before your eyes.
The question in the video, "Would you have come that night....  do I have room...?

I've been working through Ann's book and asking where God is in these hard eucharisteo moments.... moments that seem to be unending.

My mom sharing the plight of two life long friends who are in nursing homes....wondering "Why" as their bodies fail them yet they remain here.  Why....


A woman I will be visiting later today who lost her grip on "life" many years ago and now lies in a hospital bed with a questionable diagnosis on life.

A young man and his family with whom I will pray with today who wants to be a vital part of society, but because of an accident faces yet one more surgery today...

Brunch with a wonderful group of women, who each holds the reality that their bodies are no longer 30, loved ones are experiencing difficulties in health, time, questions....

Four young women who have my heart and who each hold unbelievable tensions, questions, schedules....and I am helpless to help....

OMG....I sound like Job!

Before I leave today I think I will read through God's response to Job for when I read Job, not in terms of human suffering but in terms of the limits of my understanding, I am reminded.... I am reassured that:
Nothing escapes My notice...Learn to look steadily at Me in all your moments and all your circumstances...Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before your eyes.


I have been holding on to this image for weeks.  Besides reading Job before I leave today, I think I may print this out and put it on the dash of my car...just as a reminder.

Unlike the Job character, I know the rest of the story....

I so appreciate this song by Faith Hill, A Baby Changes Everything.  It, like all these images I have included today remind me that Jesus is Emmanuel...God WITH me.....

This video reminds me that we have romanticized the nativity story.  I journaled a few days ago that there would have been pain, tears, uncertainty, loss.... by those who gave of themselves to be used so that God could come and live among us.  Lord! Help me to embrace the truth that you are within and between all that I see, all that I hold, all that I carry.....  Lord, through the power of your Spirit, help me to give thanks in the circumstances I will be carrying this day.....AMEN!


Many Blessings ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that she would have needed a midwife....

    ReplyDelete