ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

God's Re-Creation


“Some people, in order to discover God, read books. But there is a great book: the very appearance of created things. Look above you! Look below you! Read it. God, whom you want to discover, never wrote that book with ink. Instead He set before your eyes the things that He had made. Can you ask for a louder voice than that?” ` St. Augustine (354-430)

Morning Has Broken by Cat Stevens

I'm on a tight schedule this morning and decided I did not have time to journal, yet, as Augustine reminds me, there are different ways to connect with God other than reading a devotional book...or journalling.

Sometimes, I just need to slow my pace and notice how God has blessed my morning.

First, it was this Monarch resting and gathering strength for her long journey.  I found an empty chrysalis nearby...what a gift.



Then, it was two bright flowers amid the more muted fall mums.  Again, what a gift.




















God's re-creation...of a new day!

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

4 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasure to find something surprising, courtesy of Mother Nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then, there was this post. =) I LOVE the St. Augustine quote! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gifts that nature gives us are beautiful. the other day on my walk I found a Monarch wing. I've seen lots of them gliding on the breeze but that one wing is a treasure. and I look forward to seeing that barn one day! happy day to you Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep if you have your eyes open you see gifts everywhere!!!

    Big hugs from Indiana
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete