ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Thursday, July 21, 2011

When I am weak...





: ) I love Taz. God love this funny little
character! I feel a lot like he looks!
It has been a rough few days. That may be obvious to those who have been following me since there has been no blog post for a couple of days. This evening, I have thoughts to share from my own heart as well as my thoughts from Chapter 8 of Macrina's book. I have thoughts, but my body is to tired to sit at the computer. I would kill for a back massage! : )

I don't know about others, but with me, it is easy for despair to begin to seep into my soul when I am so physically tired. Knowing this, I went in search of music to ease my frazzled nerves and I began my search with Don Moen. The man speaks to me when I am feeling tired and edgy...when I am feeling a little distant from God.

Honestly? I am fairly certain that my fatigue comes not from just the physical, although that is great. I think this fatigue is also from the fact I have not had moments of quiet prayer and reflection for the past 2-3 days. Like I just said, I feel a bit distant from God...and you know what! I know he is not the one who has moved!

I used to go like this for days on end, but now, I know there is more to real living than rushing from one thing to another. At this point in my life journey, I can appreciate that when I do not have those honest moments with God, I have missed out on nourishment that feeds more than just my heart.

I'm going to call it an early night, knowing that tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow will be a full day! A sermon to finish, a bulletin to prepare, August's calendar to complete for the church, calls to return, AND time spent in prayer and refection as I journal and read. Praise God for the gift of night and the gift of rest! Praise God, for the promise within a new day!

Lord, I long to feel your presence within me and around me. I surrender to you, I no longer want to pretend that I can do this life alone...I don't want to go it alone! Lord, I want you to lead me and guide me along this path! I thank you and I praise you! AMEN.

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of people just tired to the bone lately (myself included)! i think it is because of this weather.... well here in Indiana anyways. The heat just makes everything so much more difficult and then you get mentally drained too...

    great post and i hope you feel better soon!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post....
    Friday and a sermon to finish...for some reason my best work happens on Saturday morning. Does your church have a web site where your sermons are posted....if so leave it on Blog Frog and I'll start being part of your virtual congregation.....may the Spirit revive your tired body and soul. Blessings to you this morning.

    ReplyDelete