ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Friday, July 15, 2011

My Name Says Gratitude

I'll live for all my days; To Put a smile on Your face; And when we finally meet; It'll be for eternity. ~ Hillsong's Forever



To put a smile on Your face.....

How great would it be for me to put a smile on God's face!


very green spring grass!!
Yesterday I celebrated 130 days of blogging and today I am putting it out to the universe that I am still as green as spring grass in terms of knowledge and understanding! After 130 days,  I have more questions than I do knowledge.

I recently discovered a blog for women who are pastors (RevGalBlogPals) and like other blogs, they must have "special days". (I'm still trying to figure out Wordless Wednesday and its source that I see on so many blogs!) Today I was introduced to Friday Five by the Rev Gals. While I am enthused about participating, I don't understand how.

You know what?  Blogging feels like I have entered another country and I am doing my best to live as a citizen while not understanding the language.


Anyway! The Rev Gals seem to be on the same wavelink as I have been lately of intentionally expressing gratitude. The author of this site, (I haven't figured that out either) writes:

A wise person once told me to make an ABC list of things I am grateful for any time I feel sad or depressed. It is a good practice when one is feeling happier than that, too. So for this Friday Five, I suggest that you use your name or nickname of about five letters and express your gratitude about something that starts with each letter. Some people have longer names, so you decide how you will go about this! (RevGalBlogPals)



Ummmm SANDI...
S - Sunshine. We need rain here in Indiana, still I appreciate sunshine!
A - Aliza's healthy baby boy who was born yesterday afternoon! Congratulations, Buddy!
I had not seen an MD in  7
years when I had my accident,
now...I keep them busy!
N - Neurologists.
D - Daughters...all four of my beautiful and wonderful daughters!
I  - Ice Cream. 
I should explain I saw a new neurologist yesterday and I liked him! Honestly, all the doctors I have seen since my car accident; doctors don't rank as my favorite group of people to hang out with. Yet, I need them and when I like one, that is truly a blessing!

So, I am grateful.

Since beginning my adventure in blogging, I have once again begun keeping an evening gratitude journal. I did this several years ago, then one night I didn't pick it up, then another night went by...

For me, keeping a Gratitude Journal is a way to train my brain to notice God at work in my life, and when I notice and then when I pause and say, "Thank You"...I can't help but think that brings a smile to God's face. And today, to it take it a bit further...to use my name to identify things I am grateful for...then that means my very name says "I am Grateful to You, O God!"

So, today I am grateful to the Rev Gals for giving me the opportunity to think about gratitude and to consider that my very name says gratitude when I live with an attitude of being grateful. Once I figure out how to fully participate in these things, I will be even more grateful!

Everything that I have and that I am, comes from God. Michael W. Smith's song, Breathe reminds me that God is the very air I breathe...my daily bread... Without God in my life, my life wouldn't be.  Thank you, Lord for being...

Many Blessings ~ Sandi



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this - I really like the idea of a blog hosted by female clergy so I am following that one :)

    Ah, you took the words right out of my mouth: I am starting a link-up on Gratitude tomorrow. Feel free to check out my blog and link up!

    Blessings,
    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so nice to hear such sincere enthusiasm for living with a positive outlook.

    Bliss-ings are sure to follow!

    ReplyDelete