ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transparent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. ~ Sara Ban Breathnach

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grateful...

I am blessed having the opportunity to spend a few days at Pokagon State Park in northern Indiana. I'm here for a PC(USA) conference.

The worship has been WONDERFUL!!!

So far, I can't tell you about the workshops.  During these times I have escaped to a picnic table with my laptop and have worked while looking out over Lake James.  Last night two swans teased my senses as they so gracefully floated on the lake.

The church is celebrating 180 Years of Ministry at it's annual Homecoming Celebration.  This morning, while missing a workshop, I created a two page handout of history and pictures.

It looks nice! Another blessing!

Now, while many are out walking, I'm working on the Homecoming Bulletin AND hopefully the beginnings of a sermon!

I had this misconception that I would take pictures, which I have, and that I would write some wonderful insights using Ann's book while enjoying moments here at Pokagon.  Now, in this dream of mine, I don't know when I thought I was going to prepare Sunday's service.  In my dream, I also had not considered the wonderful worship services that I am not wanting to miss.

And imagine....

Even though I am not journaling on Ann's book or on gratitude, my mind is so focused on being grateful and the worship, the scripture readings, the music....it all seems to be hitting me right within my sense of being thankful.

As soon as I get the Homecoming Celebration prepared....I've so much to share!

Until then... (I apologize for the ad you may have to watch...)

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment